Lucas Silva still in Madrid awaiting new cardiac tests
The Brazilian player was found to be suffering from cardiac problems after undergoing a routine medical test with Sporting de Portugal in July.
There is still a big question mark hanging over the professional future of Lucas Silva as the Brazilian is still in Madrid awaiting to undergo a new series of tests that will be definitive in determining his future in the game. The player is still on the Real Madrid books though is currently unable to train with the squad as a precautionary measure.
Silva's heart problems were detected on July 9 as the player was carrying out his routine medical test as part of a loan deal with Portuguese outfit Sporting de Portugal. The Lisbon medical centre carrying out the tests detected a cardiac anomaly and deemed that the player should not play professional football and as a consequence the player failed the test. A secondary follow up test posted the same results and Silva returned to Madrid where uncertainty surrounds his future in the game.
Real Madrid signed the 23 year old in the 2014/15 winter transfer window for 14 million euro from Brazilian Serie A side Cruzeiro. The Brazilian played just 9 times for the Spanish side and after Carlo Ancelotti claimed that he foresaw no role for the player in his side he was sent on loan to Ligue 1 side Olympique Marseille. After a disappointing 15/16 season in France the Cote D'Azur side terminated the deal and Silvas returned to Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020