Spain forward Vitolo spoke on Friday morning after his start against Belgium in La Roja’s 2-0 victory. The team's next appointment is the World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein on September 5.
“I’m happy with the faith Lopetegui has shown in me,” the Sevilla player said. “Things are going well for me. Now I have to keep working hard and make the best of this opportunity and keep learning so I can join up with the national team more times.”
Vitolo lauded Lopetegui’s approach to the match against a much-vaunted Belgium side who have yet to really click despite their components: “We went for it from the first minute as a team. We’re happy with the way we played.”
Vitolo’s versatility at club level is one of the facets the new Spain coach admires and Vitolo said he would happily play wherever Lopetegui wants him to: “Lopetegui told me to play in the same way I do for Sevilla. He put me on the left wing, which is my usual position. If he wants me to play in goal I’ll happily do it. I’m available for whatever he needs.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Spain Luis Enrique return handled perfectly, explains Rubiales
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City post record revenue according to report
- Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona no longer manager at Gimnasia LP
- SERIE A Kluivert: De Ligt regrets picking Juventus over Barcelona
- REAL MADRID Skriniar's agent: "I can see him going to Real Madrid"