Neymar imposter arrested for blackmail over erotic videos
The con-artist used a fake social media account in order to trick women into sending erotic videos and then later attempted to extort money from them
Brazilian police have shut down an extortion network targeting female Neymar fans. Victims of the con artists were blackmailed after they sent erotic videos to a profile posing as one of the Brazil and Barcelona star’s official social media accounts. One of the people behind the scam has been detained and another suspect is being looked for.
The blackmailers contacted the women through a Brazilian social network. Firstly they pretended to be a professional photographer and friend of Neymar, making the victims believe they could be put in touch with the footballer. Later the women were contacted through a fake Neymar account, where they were told that they’d be invited them to Spain with him in exchange for erotic videos.
Once in possession of the videos the extortionists asked for money and threatened to post the images on the internet if the sum wasn’t received.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem