RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
Surely a Whopper? Zenit refuse Burger King name change offer
According to reports in Russia, Zenit gave short shrift to a multi-million euro offer to change the team's name to Zenit Burger King.
The world of football can sleep a little more safely in its gilded bed this evening after Zenit St Petersburg reportedly refused a big money offer from Burger King to change the name of the historic Russian Premier League side.
"Zenit Burger King"
The offer was leaked by Russian papers and quickly picked up by international media, with the UK press noting drily that, if the document was genuine, Zenit would probably have refused to change the name of the side to “Zenit Burger King” or “Zenit St Petersburger King.”
The fast-food chain’s offer was said to be 500 million roubles (6.8 million euros), a sum that would hardly bolster Zenit’s coffers significantly after the sale of star striker Hulk to Chinese club SIPG Shanghai for six times that amount.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus