RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
Surely a Whopper? Zenit refuse Burger King name change offer
According to reports in Russia, Zenit gave short shrift to a multi-million euro offer to change the team's name to Zenit Burger King.
The world of football can sleep a little more safely in its gilded bed this evening after Zenit St Petersburg reportedly refused a big money offer from Burger King to change the name of the historic Russian Premier League side.
"Zenit Burger King"
The offer was leaked by Russian papers and quickly picked up by international media, with the UK press noting drily that, if the document was genuine, Zenit would probably have refused to change the name of the side to “Zenit Burger King” or “Zenit St Petersburger King.”
The fast-food chain’s offer was said to be 500 million roubles (6.8 million euros), a sum that would hardly bolster Zenit’s coffers significantly after the sale of star striker Hulk to Chinese club SIPG Shanghai for six times that amount.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win