CELTA DE VIGO
Celta full-back Planas ruled out of Europa League opener
The Celestes will be without the left-back for between three to four months, the club's medical department confirmed on Friday.
Celta de Vigo left-back Carles Planas faces between three and four weeks on the sidelines while he recovers from a Grade II tear to his left thigh muscle. An ecograph detected the injury when the player underwent tests this morning.
Planas suffered the tear during Celta's friendly meeting with Third Division neighbours Rápido de Bouzas at Balaídos on Thursday.
Out of Belgium trip
Planas will miss Celta's upcoming league games against Atlético de Madrid, Osasuna, Sporting de Gijón and Espanyol, as well as the team's opening Europa League game against Standard Liège at Stade Maurice Dufrasne on 15 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?