CELTA DE VIGO
Celta full-back Planas ruled out of Europa League opener
The Celestes will be without the left-back for between three to four months, the club's medical department confirmed on Friday.
Celta de Vigo left-back Carles Planas faces between three and four weeks on the sidelines while he recovers from a Grade II tear to his left thigh muscle. An ecograph detected the injury when the player underwent tests this morning.
Planas suffered the tear during Celta's friendly meeting with Third Division neighbours Rápido de Bouzas at Balaídos on Thursday.
Out of Belgium trip
Planas will miss Celta's upcoming league games against Atlético de Madrid, Osasuna, Sporting de Gijón and Espanyol, as well as the team's opening Europa League game against Standard Liège at Stade Maurice Dufrasne on 15 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale