Bauza confirms that Messi is due to fly back to Barcelona
Argentina's coach confirmed that Messi is ruled out of Tuesday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Venezuela and advised the player to rest.
Messi to miss Venezuela qualifier
Lionel Messi is due to return to Barcelona. Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza confirmed that the player, who has been experiencing problems to his left adductor, is ruled out of Tuesday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Venezuela and added that the consensus reached by AFA medical staff was that Messi returns to the Condal City to rest. “My groin hurts a lot”, Messi complained moments after this week's meeting with Uruguay. “I'll talk it over with the doctors and see what they suggest”, he added.
Messi's return to national team duty caused massive expectations with Argentina fans. And the No.10 complied with a faultless performance and by hitting the winner against Uruguay which puts the Albiceleste top of the qualifying section after seven matches. But Bauza is not willing to take any risks with the Barça ace. "Leo told me that he still has pains. All of us who have had a groin strain at some point in our playing careers know how painful it can be. There is no need to risk him. He need to look after himself until he feels better", Bauza told TyC Sports after Friday's training session.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: how long would stimulus measure last?
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals
- MANCHESTER UNITED De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
- USMNT England want to persuade Yunus Musah to leave the USMNT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $15 minimum wage: what's the state of the current negotiation and who is pushing for it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,400 stimulus check: new eligibility criteria for payment to filers