Agüero to miss derby after being handed three-match ban
The Manchester City man is out of his side's clash with Manchester United after being punished for elbowing West Ham's Winston Reid.
Manchester City's Sergio Agüero will miss his side's derby match-up with Manchester United after the Argentina striker was given a three-match ban for violent conduct on Friday.
Banned for elbow on Reid
Agüero was punished retrospectively by the Football Association after television cameras caught him elbowing West Ham United's Winston Reid during City's Premier League win over the Hammers at the Etihad Stadium last weekend.
Referee Andre Marriner had missed the incident and City denied the charge, but the FA found Agüero guilty and his suspension will start on 10 September, when Pep Guardiola's men visit Old Trafford.
Also to miss Bournemouth and Swansea games
In addition to the United clash, Agüero will sit out City's home league game with Bournemouth on 17 September and an EFL Cup tie at Swansea four days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win