Rayo chief: "Marcelino is like that crazy Germanwings pilot"
President of Rayo Vallecano Martin Presa has attacked ex-Villarreal coach Marcelino over alleged match-fixing
“Marcelino García Toral is like the crazy Germanwings pilot who crashed the plane,” Martin Presa has declared in comments made to Punto Pelota. The Rayo Vallecano president added fuel to the fire following the thinly-veiled accusations made by Villarreal chief, Fernando Roig, that Marcelino was involved in match-fixing last season.
Match fixing investigation
Roig insinuated on Thursday that the reason for Marcelino’s dismissal ahead of the new LaLiga season in August was to do with pre-match comments made by the Asturian coach ahead of Villarreal's game against Sporting in May (which is being investigated by LaLiga for suspected match-fixing).
Marcelino had claimed he'd like to see Sporting survive in the top flight a week ahead of the key match which Sporting needed to win in order to avoid being relegated. Villarreal lost the match in Gijón 2-0, meaning Martin Presa’s club, Rayo, ended up going down in place of Sporting.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...