Tamudo returns to Espanyol in new sporting role
Former Espanyol player and club idol Raul Tamudo has taken up an ambassadorial position at the Barcelona based club.
Former striker Raúl Tamudo is back at RCD Espanyol in a push by the LaLiga club to reconnect with the former player cited as "one of the best of all time" in an official communique issued today. The 38 year old will hold a role as head of sporting and institutional coordination.
The leading goalscorer in Espanyol's history is excited to form part of the new project at the Barcelona based club. Tamudo's responsibilities will involve sporting and institutional related tasks, implementation and planning of projects designed to improve the internal sporting infrastructure and involvement with the youth squad. Tamudo will also assist and support the players that compose the first team squad.
“I'm absolutely to have been called for this role”, commented Tamudo. The former striker's incorporation back at the club is an astute move by new owners The Rastar Group in linking up with one of the club's most iconic players of recent times.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch