André Gomes suffering from "muscular bruise" - Barça
The midfielder underwent a scan in Barcelona on Sunday after having to return early from international duty with Portugal.
Barcelona on Sunday released a medical report confirming that midfielder André Gomes is suffering from a "muscular bruise" in his right leg.
Injured on international duty
The 23-year-old, who signed for Barça from Valencia this summer, picked up the injury while in action for Portugal in a 5-0 win over Gibraltar last week.
The problem forced him to drop out of the European champions' camp ahead of their World Cup qualifier away to Switzerland on Tuesday.
"In the next week, it will be determined when he can return to the [Barça] squad," Los Azulgranas explained following tests on Gomes.
After being the final player to join up with Barça's pre-season and missing their LaLiga opener with a ban, the setback adds to a slow start to his Camp Nou career.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham Hotspur What José Mourinho brings to Tottenham Hotspur
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Spurs: Kane thanks Pochettino for making "dreams" come true
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid not happy with Bale's 'bad joke' with Wales flag
- REAL MADRID Zidane to deal with hot button issue of Bale on Thursday
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho's best fall-outs: From 'Demenza senile' to eye-pokes