Lopetegui: "They're all up for it, not just Diego Costa..."
"I'm delighted with the squad's attitude. They're focused on the game and it's important to make a positive start to the qualifying campaign".
Spanish first team coach Julen Lopetegui, spoke to the assembled media this evening ahead of the opening qualifying match in the Road to Russia World Cup 2018 campaign. Spain face Liechtenstein in Leon (kick.off 2045 CET) on Monday September 5.
How is Morata: "Morata is fine. We'll see how he fares in the final training session before deciding on his suitability to play"
The Liechtenstein game: "It's our first official game and you can sense that the players are motivated. There are three points at stake and so far everything is going as planned".
Debut in an official game: "I don't see that as being relevant. It's a key game for us all and with three points at stake. We need to get the campaign off and running in a positive manner."
How has your first week been as national coach: "The most important day of this new stage for me is tomorrow. I'm delighted with the squad so far and their attitude has been exemplary".
The style of play: "Our style won't change tomorrow. We have studied the opposition and are aware of their strong points".
Arrival in León: "We've been really well received by everyone here. We hope this is the same tomorrow at the stadium".
Diego Costa: "All my players are truly motivated ahead of the game, not just Diego"
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?