SPAIN - LIECHTENSTEIN | SILVA
David Silva: "I'm comfortable taking the reins when needed"
"Every day with the national team is a pleasure. I've made 104 appearances and I hope there are many more to come", the Man City midfielder said today.England vs Spain
David Silva appeared before the media to look ahead to tomorrow's 2018 World Cup Russia qualifier against Liechtenstein (Monday 20:45 CEST).
The Manchester City midfielder says he has no qualms about snatching the reins to lead the team when the chips are down. "It's not the first time that people have said I should be more of a leader within the side. I feel really comfortable taking on those responsibilities when I have to. Every day with the national team is a pleasure. I've made 104 appearances and I hope there are many more to come", Silva told reporters this evening.
The player is well aware that his role within the side under new coach Julen Lopetegui has changed. As he explained: "Now, I am expected to lend a lot more in helping out to defend and I am also closer to the ball when the team breaks. It's different to what I was doing before but I like it".
The player also said he and his team mates were delighted with the reception they were given in León: "We were given a fantastic welcome. If we enjoy ourselves on the pitch, the fans will in the stands. We'll try to carry through the dynamic we started in Brussels. The team's in good spirits and really up for this game", he ended.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC Conor McGregor vs Poirier live online: UFC 257 from Fight Island
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: update and rundown on Biden's $1.9 trillion relief bill
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever