Griezmann: Mourinho has "started the courting" of Atleti ace
Manchester United are being linked with a summer 2017 swoop for Atlético Madrid's French international star Antoine Griezmann.
Manchester United manager José Mourinho is allegedly set on signing Antoine Griezmann next year, according to recent revelations.
Now, a further report says the Portuguese boss has "started the courting" of the Atlético Madrid and France star through third parties.
Successor to Rooney at United?
On Thursday, Bleacher Report claimed that Mourinho is keen to take Griezmann to Old Trafford in summer 2017 as a long-term replacement for Wayne Rooney, 30.
Mourinho wants to be "ready to pounce"
And UK newspaper The Mirror has this weekend explained that 'Mou' is out to ensure United are "right at the head of the queue ready to pounce" for Griezmann.
The Red Devils expect to have to break the world-record transfer fee they spent on Paul Pogba to capture 'Le Petit Prince', the daily adds.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City