Griezmann: Mourinho has "started the courting" of Atleti ace
Manchester United are being linked with a summer 2017 swoop for Atlético Madrid's French international star Antoine Griezmann.
Manchester United manager José Mourinho is allegedly set on signing Antoine Griezmann next year, according to recent revelations.
Now, a further report says the Portuguese boss has "started the courting" of the Atlético Madrid and France star through third parties.
Successor to Rooney at United?
On Thursday, Bleacher Report claimed that Mourinho is keen to take Griezmann to Old Trafford in summer 2017 as a long-term replacement for Wayne Rooney, 30.
Mourinho wants to be "ready to pounce"
And UK newspaper The Mirror has this weekend explained that 'Mou' is out to ensure United are "right at the head of the queue ready to pounce" for Griezmann.
The Red Devils expect to have to break the world-record transfer fee they spent on Paul Pogba to capture 'Le Petit Prince', the daily adds.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to slash players' wage bill by 33-56 million euros
- Covid-19 Coronavirus antibody test: what is it and how does it work?
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections