Griezmann: Mourinho has "started the courting" of Atleti ace
Manchester United are being linked with a summer 2017 swoop for Atlético Madrid's French international star Antoine Griezmann.
Manchester United manager José Mourinho is allegedly set on signing Antoine Griezmann next year, according to recent revelations.
Now, a further report says the Portuguese boss has "started the courting" of the Atlético Madrid and France star through third parties.
Successor to Rooney at United?
On Thursday, Bleacher Report claimed that Mourinho is keen to take Griezmann to Old Trafford in summer 2017 as a long-term replacement for Wayne Rooney, 30.
Mourinho wants to be "ready to pounce"
And UK newspaper The Mirror has this weekend explained that 'Mou' is out to ensure United are "right at the head of the queue ready to pounce" for Griezmann.
The Red Devils expect to have to break the world-record transfer fee they spent on Paul Pogba to capture 'Le Petit Prince', the daily adds.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Pochettino hopeful of having Neymar available for Coupe de France final
- BARCELONA Barcelona secure 500 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit 2021: is there a maximum number of children who can receive payments?
- Champions League Manchester City to pay fans' travel costs for Champions League final
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Fulham: live
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Barcelona's Champions League win boosts women's football in Spain