Pepe remains unsigned beyond this season
The Brazilian's future at the Bernabéu is in doubt and he could leave the club on a free at the end of the season.
Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Varane et al under contract until 2020
With the finishing touches being put on Cristiano and Gareth Bale’s new long-term contracts, the majority of the Real Madrid squad – including Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Toni Kroos, James, Raphaël Varane and Keylor Navas – are under contract at the Santiago Bernabéu until 2020.
Another six, among them Casemiro, Kovacic and Danilo, are tied up until 2021 while Asensio and Morata have signed up until 2022.
Pepe's future remains in question
But the future of one big star remains in question. Pepe, the club’s long-term centre-back signed from Porto back in 2007, will be out of contract in 2017. If he does not sign a new deal before the 31st December the Brazilian will be free to negotiate with other clubs as of the 1st January and to leave the Spanish capital in the summer.
With Raphaël Varane having turned down a move to Manchester United in the summer in favour of staying at the club, it remains to be seen what long-term prospects Pepe, now 33, has at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams
- AC Milan Ibrahimovic has no retirement plans "as long as I feel good"
- Barca president Tusquets clarifies Messi comments following Koeman criticism
- SEVILLA 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane reflects on "tough last few days"
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?