Spain’s first street dedicated to Johan Cruyff set to be unveiled
The tribute will be unveiled in the town of Vallfogona de Riucorb, 115km west of Barcelona, on Friday.
This Friday the first street in Spain named after Barcelona and Holland legend Johan Cruyff will be unveiled. It won’t be in Barcelona, where one would perhaps expect it to be, but in Vallfogona de Riucorb, a tiny village of just 99 people in the province of Tarragona just an hour and a half drive from Cruyff’s adopted city of Barcelona.
Former players and those close to Cruyff are expected to attend
The idea to name a street after Cruyff was the village mayor’s. Francesc Llovet Albareda saw that a street in the village still did not have a name and, inspired by its location near to the local sports facilities, approached Johan’s family for permission. The village has invited a number of former players and many of those close to Cruyff for the unveiling, which will take place shortly after midday this Friday.
As of this Friday, the village will hold the distinction of having the only street named after Johan Cruyff in Spain. Given Cruyff’s legendary status, however, it might not hold that distinction for very long.
Te recomendamos en English
- Neymar Injured Neymar out for PSG and doubtful for Brazil
- REAL MADRID - HUESCA Real Madrid squad named for Huesca visit
- Barcelona Koeman cannot avoid Barcelona presidency talk as he attempts to focus players
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?
- UNITED STATES Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?