Spain’s first street dedicated to Johan Cruyff set to be unveiled
The tribute will be unveiled in the town of Vallfogona de Riucorb, 115km west of Barcelona, on Friday.
This Friday the first street in Spain named after Barcelona and Holland legend Johan Cruyff will be unveiled. It won’t be in Barcelona, where one would perhaps expect it to be, but in Vallfogona de Riucorb, a tiny village of just 99 people in the province of Tarragona just an hour and a half drive from Cruyff’s adopted city of Barcelona.
Former players and those close to Cruyff are expected to attend
The idea to name a street after Cruyff was the village mayor’s. Francesc Llovet Albareda saw that a street in the village still did not have a name and, inspired by its location near to the local sports facilities, approached Johan’s family for permission. The village has invited a number of former players and many of those close to Cruyff for the unveiling, which will take place shortly after midday this Friday.
As of this Friday, the village will hold the distinction of having the only street named after Johan Cruyff in Spain. Given Cruyff’s legendary status, however, it might not hold that distinction for very long.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener