Martín Cáceres on Antonio Conte’s Chelsea radar
The Uruguayan centre-back is currently without a club and can sign for a new team in spite of the transfer window having closed last week. He is well-known to Conte, having played for him at Juventus.
Conte keen on Cáceres reunion
Though the transfer window closed last week, Antonio Conte is still looking for defensive reinforcements. According to reports in both Italy and England, the Chelsea coach has set his sights on former Juventus and Barcelona defender Martín Cáceres. Currently unattached, Cáceres is free to sign with a new club at any time.
The Uruguayan was released by Juventus in June having played a number of seasons for Conte during his time in charge of the Old Lady. If Chelsea were to make a move and add Cáceres to their squad he would become their third defensive signing of the summer having already brought in Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina and brought back David Luiz from PSG.
Cáceres’ poor injury record could be problematic
One potential stumbling block to signing Cáceres is his injury record. He suffered a season-ending Achilles injury back in February from which he is still recovering, a factor that has no doubt put off potential suitors.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map 7 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 7 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 7 April
- Lionel Messi to Inter not impossible – Moratti
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid line up Mbappé transfer for 2021