Messi reveals why he went blonde: "A lot had happened..."
The Argentina and Barcelona star told an Argentinian comedy TV programme the motives behind his change of hair colour
Leo Messi is now back in Barcelona to undergo tests on the groin problems he suffered following Argentina’s 1-0 win over Uruguay. However, before boarding the plane back to Spain, Messi was interviewed by an Argentine TV programme.
As well as dressing up as Mingo, a well-known comedian in his native country, Messi also revealed why he decided to dye his hair blonde.
"I made a change to start from zero"
"I made a change to start from zero. A lot had gone on, things had happened, and I said to myself: "I have to break this and start again,'" said the Barça star.
Messi also talked about the Copa America final loss to Chile, which initially led to the player announcing his retirement. "It was how I felt in that moment. Everything came crashing down. I felt like that was the one, given how the team was and how we'd played in the competition. It was a huge disappointment."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid