Messi reveals why he went blonde: "A lot had happened..."
The Argentina and Barcelona star told an Argentinian comedy TV programme the motives behind his change of hair colour
Leo Messi is now back in Barcelona to undergo tests on the groin problems he suffered following Argentina’s 1-0 win over Uruguay. However, before boarding the plane back to Spain, Messi was interviewed by an Argentine TV programme.
As well as dressing up as Mingo, a well-known comedian in his native country, Messi also revealed why he decided to dye his hair blonde.
"I made a change to start from zero"
"I made a change to start from zero. A lot had gone on, things had happened, and I said to myself: "I have to break this and start again,'" said the Barça star.
Messi also talked about the Copa America final loss to Chile, which initially led to the player announcing his retirement. "It was how I felt in that moment. Everything came crashing down. I felt like that was the one, given how the team was and how we'd played in the competition. It was a huge disappointment."
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates