Real Madrid daily round-up: Cristiano, Isco, Ancelotti...
The squad trained this afternoon at Valdebebas with both Cristiano and Benzema back with the team. Isco, however, continues his recovery from an ankle injury.
Back to training
The squad trained at Valdebebas at 17.00 CEST this afternoon. Zidane was able to count on the majority of his players, except those still involved in international fixtures. Keylor Navas was back in training as he recovers from surgery.
Cristiano and Benzema back with the team
Cristiano and Benzema completed their first training session with the rest of the squad yesterday as part of their injury rehabilitation. Both could be declared fit and available for this Saturday’s game against Osasuna (16.00 CEST).
Isco still struggling with injury
Isco, who last week decided to stay at the Santiago Bernabéu despite being linked with both Tottenham and hometown club Málaga, continues to recover from an ankle sprain. Yesterday he trained away from the rest of the squad inside the gym.
Ancelotti: “Madrid let me go”
Former Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti spoke to German newspaper Die Welt about his exit from the club back in 2015. “It’s already known that Madrid let me go,” he said. “Stability at Madrid means always winning.”
Illegal state aid dispute
Mayor Madrid Manuela Carmena said on national radio yesterday that she expects the club to appeal the order to repay up to €18.4 million in illegal state aid. “I think they plan to appeal,” she said. “That seems to be the intention of the club president.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"