Messi in doubt for Alavés clash
The club released a statement yesterday evening with an update on Leo Messi’s fitness following his return from Argentina. It read: “The tests conducted today have confirmed that Leo Messi’s muscle strain persists. It is recommended that he reduce his workload in the upcoming days and the development of the injury will determine his availability [for the future matches].”
Messi took to social media to calm the nerves of concerned Barcelona fans: “Everything is fine, I have to slow things down as I recover with physio, but it's nothing to worry about. Thanks to you all for your support.”
Alcacer to be presented on Thursday
Barça’s new €30 million man will be unveiled at the Camp Nou on Thursday shortly after midday. The striker, who was an unused substitute in Spain’s 8-0 win over Liechtenstein last night, will then hold a press conference at 13.30 CEST.
Back to work
Masip, Aleix Vidal, Jeremy Mathieu, Rafinha and Arda Turan have rejoined the squad following the international break. Ter Stegen is expected to join up with his teammates today while the Spanish players are due to return on Wednesday.
A new office in New York
President Josep Maria Bartomeu is in New York today to open a new club office at heart of Manhattan on Park Avenue. The office, which follows the inauguration of a Hong Kong office in 2014, is expected to boost commercial activity for the club across the United States. Barça legend Ronaldinho will act as the club’s ambassador in the city.
The club’s Marketing Vice-President Manuel Arroyo told the club website that similar projects are in the pipeline for South America and China. “New York will not be the last office that we open. We fervently believe that we need a greater presence in China and the Southern Cone of South America,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid