It's important that the club protect its assets
Raphaël Varane was intelligent enough to reject the Siren-like temptations of Jose Mourinho this summer and we should applaud his decision. We should also applaud his family, who clearly advised him well. But we shouldn’t overlook the role that Zinedine Zidane and Real Madrid directors played in his decision.
Zidane: “Raphael is a very important player for me”
Zidane made his thoughts clear not long ago. “Above all it was us who didn’t want him to go,” he said. “Raphaël is a very important player for me and for the club and has always been a professional.”
Varane, a valuable asset for the club
Varane was a promising young footballer who has grown under the guidance of the club and its managers. He’s worth a lot more than he was when he first arrived in 2011 and I think it’s very important that the club has protected its assets and not allowed another club to reap the rewards of five years of nurturing.
Zidane found the right words to convince the centre-back and to prevent his departure but he was firm from the start… for the greater good of the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension