It's important that the club protect its assets
Raphaël Varane was intelligent enough to reject the Siren-like temptations of Jose Mourinho this summer and we should applaud his decision. We should also applaud his family, who clearly advised him well. But we shouldn’t overlook the role that Zinedine Zidane and Real Madrid directors played in his decision.
Zidane: “Raphael is a very important player for me”
Zidane made his thoughts clear not long ago. “Above all it was us who didn’t want him to go,” he said. “Raphaël is a very important player for me and for the club and has always been a professional.”
Varane, a valuable asset for the club
Varane was a promising young footballer who has grown under the guidance of the club and its managers. He’s worth a lot more than he was when he first arrived in 2011 and I think it’s very important that the club has protected its assets and not allowed another club to reap the rewards of five years of nurturing.
Zidane found the right words to convince the centre-back and to prevent his departure but he was firm from the start… for the greater good of the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes