En-Nesyri: from Málaga B to full international in two months
The 19-year-old Moroccan star has been handed the third striker role by Juande Ramos and wore the number 9 for Morocco during the break.
Youssef En-Nesyri has made a sensational start to his Málaga career. Signed last season from the Académie Mohammed VI de Football, the 19-year-old started out with Atlético Malagueño and became a key member of the side that almost won promotion to Segunda B in June.
Six goals in pre-season
Málaga included En-Nesyri among the youth team players who would spend pre-season with Juande Ramos’ first team squad and the 6 foot three inch striker responded with six goals in 226 minutes in friendly action. That was enough for Ramos to include him in his Primera squad list for the season ahead as a third striker, behind 4.5-million-euro summer addition Michael Santos and Charles.
En-Nesyri’s rise has been nothing short of astronomical. He made his Liga debut before the international break against Espanyol, just two months after making his debut for the reserves in Tercera. He was also called up to the Morocco squad for a friendly against Albania and the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against São Tomé and Princípe, wearing the number nine shirt as he started in the 2-0 victory against the latter that secured Morocco’s place at the final as winners of Group F.
Unsurprisingly, Málaga have increased En-Nesyri’s salary tenfold and raised his minimum release clause to 20 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas