Real Madrid voted ECA top club in Europe for 2016
Pedro López Jiménez, second vice-president of the Spanish club was presented with the award by the European Club Association.
Real Madrid have received the top honour at the 7th edition of the European Club Association (ECA) awards.
The title of European Club of the Year 2016 went to the side from the Spanish capital "for their outstanding achievements during the 2015/16 season on European and domestic level." Second vice president, Pedro López Jiménez, received the award on behalf of the club during the celebration of European football in Geneva (Switzerland).
Also collecting awards were PSV Eindhoven for their successful community and social responsibilty programme "PSV United", Molde FK for best sporting progress and Fiorentina who successfully establishment of a professionally affiliated women's football club won the category of Best Achievement 2016.
The "Special Moment" award went to Borrusia Dortmund and Liverpool FC for the "unique atmosphere characterised by respect and fair play created by their supporters during the UEFA Europa League Quarter-Finals in April 2016."
The European Club Association (ECA) is the sole, independent body directly representing football clubs at European level. It replaced the G-14 Group and the European Club Forum, both dissolved at the beginning of 2008 and represents 220 clubs from 53 federations.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January