Bartomeu wants to grow the club in the USA
Josep Maria Bartomeu has a vision. He wants to be the Barcelona president that really establishes the club’s brand in the United States. While in New York this week for the opening of the club’s new office in Manhattan – an event attended by Real Madrid legend Raúl González – Bartomeu made clear his objective: to grow the club in every possible way.
Women's football will help promote the Barcelona brand
“We want to create a women’s football team to compete here in the United States,” he said. “We hope it will help us to promote the club.” Barcelona currently have a women’s team playing on a professional basis in the Spanish league.
Bartomeu also outlined other aspects of the club’s strategy in the United States. “One of our objectives is to establish a wide network of FCB soccer schools that will promote the club across the country,” he said. “Our growth plan is based predominantly on partnerships with sponsors and the FCB schools.” The club currently operates an FCB soccer school in Florida and is due to open another in Charlotte, North Carolina in the coming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment