Gareth Bale: "We haven't won LaLiga for a long time"
The Real Madrid star said at a promotional event in Madrid on Wednesday morning that the club’s objective every year is to win the treble but that he still longs for that one, elusive league trophy.
Fresh from leading Wales to a resounding 4-0 win over Moldova on Monday night, Gareth Bale appeared at a promotional event in Madrid this morning during which he discussed his aspirations with both his country and Real Madrid.
Strength to strength with Wales
“Of course it was a big achievement for us to qualify for Euro 2016,” he said of Wales’ first appearance at a major tournament since 1958. “But we want to continue making history and continue qualifying for major tournaments. We’ve started well and now we have to keep going, try to qualify and continue with that winning mentality.”
Bale scored his 23rd and 24th goals for Wales against Moldova, edging him closer to Ian Rush’s national record of 28 international goals, but the Real Madrid forward said the landmark isn’t a priority for him. “I’ve been told that I’m not far off Rush’s record, but it’s not important. I want to play well to help us qualify for major tournaments. If I can do that then the goals will come.”
We want to win everything, says Bale
He also spoke of his ambition to keep winning titles at Real Madrid. “At Madrid we dream big and when we play in a tournament we want to win it. Cup, League, Champions League, we want it all,” he said.
Bale has won two Champions League trophies in his three years at the club but didn’t ignore the fact that he’s yet to win a LaLiga title. “It’s important that we win LaLiga because we haven’t done so for a long time. That’s our objective although obviously we want to win everything. I’m excited to play Osasuna this weekend. They’ll make things difficult for us but it’ll be great because the whole team is in good form.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby