Europe’s top clubs have long scoured Brazil in order to unearth the latest footballing prodigies in South America – the latest one of note being Gabriel Jesús, who signed for Manchester City this summer.
However, having missed out on Jesús (despite their close interests), Real Madrid and Barcelona have now turned their attentions to the latest young Brazilian sensation: Vasco da Gama’s Evander Ferreira.
Willing to listen to offers
According to Tuttosport, the LaLiga giants are following the development of the 18-year striker with keen eyes. Ferreria, who can also play on the left wing, has been capped by Brazil’s age categories and also caught the attention of some of Italy’s leading clubs.
Scouting reports on the player have so far been excellent and it is said the player and his representatives would be willing to listen to offers. However, any move for the forward – who Neymar knows well – would likely wait until the end of the season, with clubs first eager to see the player demonstrate his obvious potential in the Brazilian Serie B.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"