Donnarumma quells talk of Real Madrid transfer
AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma spoke this week about his future amid speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid.
“Real Madrid want me? I’m only thinking about AC Milan, doing well and working hard every day. We’ll see,” he told Sky Italia.
Italy's youngest ever goalkeeper
17 year-old Donnarumma, who first joined AC Milan at the age of 14, burst onto the scene last season after sensationally displacing former Real Madrid man Diego López in goal at the San Siro. He starred for Italy at the U-17 European Championships in Bulgaria in 2015 and just last week made his full international debut for the Azzuri in a 3-1 loss to France.
The youngster has attracted praise for his mature performances on the pitch, including Italy’s 1982 World Cup winning captain and goalkeeper Dino Zoff. “He seems to be pre-destined to become a great goalkeeper,” said Zoff back in January. “It all depends completely on him.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX FMF could disaffiliate Cruz Azul due to the Treasury investigation
- CORONAVIRUS USA New York state reopening: which regions are passing to phase 2?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: Gov Cuomo explains when and how
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus What to do if your stimulus check was sent to the wrong address?