Donnarumma quells talk of Real Madrid transfer
AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma spoke this week about his future amid speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid.
“Real Madrid want me? I’m only thinking about AC Milan, doing well and working hard every day. We’ll see,” he told Sky Italia.
Italy's youngest ever goalkeeper
17 year-old Donnarumma, who first joined AC Milan at the age of 14, burst onto the scene last season after sensationally displacing former Real Madrid man Diego López in goal at the San Siro. He starred for Italy at the U-17 European Championships in Bulgaria in 2015 and just last week made his full international debut for the Azzuri in a 3-1 loss to France.
The youngster has attracted praise for his mature performances on the pitch, including Italy’s 1982 World Cup winning captain and goalkeeper Dino Zoff. “He seems to be pre-destined to become a great goalkeeper,” said Zoff back in January. “It all depends completely on him.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays