Cadena Ser's specialist sports radio show ‘El Larguero’, announced late last night that Real Madrid are working on finalizing contract extensions for four of the club's key players:: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the priority with his current deal expiring in 2018 and the player from Madeira expressing on numerous occasions recently of his desire to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu. "I want to retire in Real Madrid at the age of 41" stated the striker at the end of August in Monte Carlo
Gareth Bale's deal runs through to June 2019 and the Welsh international has proven to be one of the key players at the club and one of the players that Florentino has personally backed on a series of occasions.
Luka Modric's contract at the Bernabeu also expires in 2018 and the Croatian international is one of the key players for Zinedine Zidane.
Toni Kross' deal doesn't expire with Madrid until June 30, 2020 but the sporting director's are already in discussion with the German player's agent about securing his future with the club into the next decade, mainly as a deterrent to avoid the interest of other would-be suitors.
Negotiations for both Bale and Cristiano are well advanced with the club anxious to maintain the spine of the side after the ultimately successful extension of Sergio Ramos' contract at the Bernabeu.
The only key player in the current Real Madrid squad who's contract expires at the end of the current campaign is that of Portuguese defender Pepe. The intention at he club is to open negotiations with the players representatives but at a later point of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What has the White House said about a fourth stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS Israeli forces continue attack on Gaza Strip: Why are Israel and Palestine at war?
- US NEWS $50 stimulus to pay internet bill eligibility: who can get it?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Champions League final | Sam Kerr speaks ahead of Chelsea vs Barcelona
- LALIGA Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: result, summary, goals | LaLiga
- NBA Jokic a worthy MVP favourite, but don't count out Embiid