Palace’s Rémy facing time out with ankle injury
Crystal Palace striker Loïc Remy has been ruled out for several weeks after the on-loan Chelsea star suffered an ankle injury.
Rémy facing several weeks out
Crystal Palace striker Loïc Rémy has been ruled out for several weeks after the on-loan Chelsea star suffered an ankle injury.
Rémy joined Palace last month in a deal lasting for the rest of the season, but Eagles manager Alan Pardew revealed on Thursday that his new recruit will be sidelined due to the injury he sustained in training on Monday.
The 29-year-old France international has returned to Chelsea for treatment and will be assessed during his rehabilitation, with the medical staff from both teams in contact over his progress.
“It is obviously a blow for the player and for us as a squad, he has just joined us and we were hoping he would play a big part in the team moving forward. He was looking great in training and this was an innocuous injury which can sometimes happen unfortunately”, Pardew said.
Palace are away to Aitor Karanka's Middlesbrough on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu