Palace’s Rémy facing time out with ankle injury
Crystal Palace striker Loïc Remy has been ruled out for several weeks after the on-loan Chelsea star suffered an ankle injury.
Rémy facing several weeks out
Crystal Palace striker Loïc Rémy has been ruled out for several weeks after the on-loan Chelsea star suffered an ankle injury.
Rémy joined Palace last month in a deal lasting for the rest of the season, but Eagles manager Alan Pardew revealed on Thursday that his new recruit will be sidelined due to the injury he sustained in training on Monday.
The 29-year-old France international has returned to Chelsea for treatment and will be assessed during his rehabilitation, with the medical staff from both teams in contact over his progress.
“It is obviously a blow for the player and for us as a squad, he has just joined us and we were hoping he would play a big part in the team moving forward. He was looking great in training and this was an innocuous injury which can sometimes happen unfortunately”, Pardew said.
Palace are away to Aitor Karanka's Middlesbrough on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract