Barcelona's Neymar was on verge of huge move to PSG
The Brazilian's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, has revealed that the Barcelona player was close to a move to PSG and would have earned more than Ibrahimovic in Paris.
Neymar was on the verge of an incredible move to Paris Saint-Germain during this year's summer transfer window, his agent Wagner Ribeiro has revealed in an interview with ESPN Brazil.
The Brazil star has recently extended his contract at Barcelona - with two additional years taking him to 2020 - but this could have been so different and the money being discussed would have blown Manchester United's record purchase of Paul Pogba out of the water. The Paris club were willing to pay the player's buy-out clause of 190 million euros and then lavish the forward with 40 million euros per year. To put that salary in context, it would be double that of the current highest...Lionel Messi at Barcelona.
During his interview, Ribeiro said:
“He was very close to joining PSG. There he would have earned 40 million euros, but instead he renewed with Barcelona in spite of earning less money. PSG were ready to pay the buy-out clause of 190 million. [Manchester] United were also interested but it was PSG that were the closest”.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures