Injured Ter Stegen to miss Saturday's game against Alavés
Mundo Deportivo reports that the goalkeeper has no chance of playing in Saturday's game against Alavés after suffering a muscular injury. Cillessen or Masip will take his place.
Ter Stegen to miss Alavés game
Shortly after 7pm on Friday, Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo reported that Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen has been ruled out of tomorrow's Week 3 meeting with Alavés after suffering a muscular injury - although there had been no official word from the club by late on Friday night.
Luis Enrique is due to announce his squad list at 9:30 on the day of the game and it looks unlikely that the German keeper will feature. It will leave the coach just two alternatives - new signing Jasper Cillessen or Jordi Masip.
Cillessen, who joined last month from Ajax for 13 million euros is the favourite to start, but he has been away for the past fortnight on international duty with Hollanda (despite not playing a single minute). Masip has trained with the group and that could sway the coach to field him, although should that happen, questions will be raised about why a youth team graduate were to get the nod ahead of a multi-million euro new signing.
Elsewhere, Sport report that Ter Stegen could be out for as long as two weeks, meaning that he would miss Barça's upcoming games against Alavés, Celtic (Champions League) and Leganés.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?