Johan Cruyff street unveiled in Vallfogona de Riucorb
The small town in Tarragona, home to just 100 inhabitants, inaugurated a street in honour of the Barcelona football legend on Friday.
Johan Cruyff Street unveiled
“Thank you to everyone here in Vallfogona de Riucorb for for this touching tribute to my father”. The words, from Jordi Cruyff during the unveiling of a plaque in Cuenca de Barberá, Tarragona to inaugurate Carrer Johan Cruyff - a street named in honour of the football legend who passed away in March this year.
Susila and Josua, the eternal No.14's daughter and grandson, inaugurated the street. Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta was one of those present for Friday's unveiling. Vallfogona de Riucorb is a smakll town with less than 100 inhabitant according to the National Statistics Institute. The initiative was the brainchild of the local mayor and a group of friends.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?