Griezmann wakes Atleti from their slumber
The Frenchman, blasted for his performance against Leganés, answered his critics with a brace against Celta. Koke and Correa rounded off the scoring; Rossi made his Celta debut.
Griezmann answers his critics in Vigo
The Spanish media rode roughshod over Antoine Griezmann for his performance against Leganés in Week 2 but the Frenchman came up with the best possible reply in Atlético's visit to Celta this afternoon. The No.7 nodded in two superb headers and before that, had delivered a precision cross for Koke to tuck home the opener.
With the visitors going from from strength to strength and holding a three-goal lead, Celta crumpled. Ángel Correa, who has come on for Gabi, put the seal on a convincing victory by slamming in number four - equalling the Rojiblancos' biggest ever wins in Vigo, as our colleague Pedro Martín points out in 1947 and 1983. The win catapults Simeone's side provisionally into the top four, ahead of the rest of this weekend's fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in Florida: phone number, times to contact DEO
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sergiño Dest becomes first American to start for Barcelona in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Christian Pulisic makes his debut in the Champions League with Chelsea this season
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about 60 minutes' Lesley Stahl and why?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?