Griezmann wakes Atleti from their slumber
The Frenchman, blasted for his performance against Leganés, answered his critics with a brace against Celta. Koke and Correa rounded off the scoring; Rossi made his Celta debut.
Griezmann answers his critics in Vigo
The Spanish media rode roughshod over Antoine Griezmann for his performance against Leganés in Week 2 but the Frenchman came up with the best possible reply in Atlético's visit to Celta this afternoon. The No.7 nodded in two superb headers and before that, had delivered a precision cross for Koke to tuck home the opener.
With the visitors going from from strength to strength and holding a three-goal lead, Celta crumpled. Ángel Correa, who has come on for Gabi, put the seal on a convincing victory by slamming in number four - equalling the Rojiblancos' biggest ever wins in Vigo, as our colleague Pedro Martín points out in 1947 and 1983. The win catapults Simeone's side provisionally into the top four, ahead of the rest of this weekend's fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS What executive orders did Joe Biden sign on his first day as President?
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano