Simeone: "After Koke's opener, we looked strong, forceful"
El técnico del Atlético apeló al espíritu liberador para el equipo de los goles: "Se veía que en cada salida al ataque, el equipo haría daño".
Diego Simeone was happy with the performance his put in and the result they took from this afternoon's game against Celta at Balaídos.
Victory: "There wasn't a great deal between us in the first half, we started well, but Celta had clear chances on goal, they created spaces... In the second half, after Koke's goal, the team was strong, dominant and and you could sense that whenever we broke we were going to do damage. The goals started going in as a consequence of our previous game, when the ball didn't want to enter for us, and it's clear that scoring liberates you and gives you the chance to start managing the game".
The team: "I'm going home happy because the structure of the team was the same as always. El Atlético has the same structure, and the individual talent we have strengthened the structure of the team".
Celta: "Celta are a side who are constantly reinventing themselves; they had plaers out for this match and scoring first gave us the possibility of reading the game better. We also did a good good of closing up at the back and that helped us when we went ahead in the second half".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?