Cristiano's opening goal was valid: Bale not offside
Some questions were being asked about the validity of Madrid's early goal but, as these images show, the Welshman was onside.
It didn't take long for Real Madrid to take the lead in their home match against Primera returners Osasuna but some questions have been asked about if the goal should have been disallowed.
This suspicion relates to a decision on whether or not Gareth Bale was offside when put through down the right-hand channel by Danilo in the fifth minute. It was Bale who then rolled the ball across goal for the Portuguese striker to finish.
The images here show that the Los Blancos' number 11 was behind the last defender and that the goal was correct to be awarded. After two months out injured, Ronaldo is back amongst the goals setting his team up for what they hope will be a comfortable victory, especially as city rivals Atlético have already made their statement of the weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?