Guardiola did to Rooney what he also did to Cristiano
The City manager was captured on camera holding the ball away from Rooney in an image that brings back memories of the incident with Madrid's Cristiano.
There was a moment during the Manchester derby on Saturday - one in which Man City triumphed over United - where Pep Guardiola envoked memories of a past encounter.
Emotions running high
In today's highly charged match, it was City that dominated much of the first half and goals from man of the match De Bruyne and youngster Iheanacho (who was in to replace the suspended Agüero) gave the blue half of the Manchester the bragging rights. In that period of relative comfort for the visitors, United's captain Wayne Rooney got stuck in wherever possible and at one point it looked as though his enthusiasm may boil over with the new City manager.
As the ball ran out of play for a throw-in, Rooney ran to recover it, desperate to get his side back in the game. Pep, on the sidelines where the ball travelled to, picked it up and chose not to immediately hand it over, resulting in an angry reaction from the fiery Red Devil. Nothing came of the incident but the stills are very comparable to those with Cristiano when Pep was coach at Barcelona during El Clásico of 2010 in the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?