Ronaldo applies icepack to injured knee on Madrid bench
Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring for Real Madrid in their 5-2 win over Osasuna, but when he was subbed off the first thing he took care of was the knee he injured in Paris.
Ronaldo back with Real Madrid
Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo was back in action for the first time today since twisting and injuring his left knee in the final of Euro 2016 in Paris (where Portugal beat France to lift the trophy), playing in Real Madrid's comprehensive 5-2 win over Osasuna at the Bernabéu
Ronaldo opens the scoring
Ronaldo got off to the best of starts, opening the scoring after just five minutes. While he had a somewhat subdued game, compared to his normal explosive self, he looked to be running freely and not obviously suffering any discomfort.
Ronaldo subbed off
He was however brought off in the 65th minute (a rarity in itself), likely to rest both body, as he seeks full fitness, and his injured knee. The fact the joint still needs special treatment was evident, with Ronaldo getting an ice pack straight onto the knee as soon as he sat down on the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?