Cristiano: “Retiring at Real Madrid? It’s what I want most”
The Portuguese star said following his side's win over Osasuna that he was happy with his ‘perfect’ return from injury.
He’s back. Cristiano Ronaldo marked his return to the Real Madrid starting line-up by scoring the opening goal in his side’s comfortable 5-2 LaLiga win over Osasuna at the Santiago Bernabéu on Saturday afternoon and he spoke to the media shortly after the final whistle.
Cristiano confident after comeback
“I felt good physically, enough to play the 90 minutes with any problems, but there were still some moments when I was a little afraid,” he said. “It’s normal after not having played for so long. I’m getting fitter and I scored. Perfect.”
As hungry as ever for LaLiga success
He reiterated that he’s as hungry as ever for titles but that he’s desperate to win one particular trophy this season. “We want to win everything but we haven’t won LaLiga in four years and we really want it. I’m confident that we’ll win it this year.”
Retiring at Madrid? “It’s what I want most”
Thinking more long-term, Cristiano also touched on the issue of his future at the club and a possible new contract at the Bernabéu.
“I don’t know, you’ll have to speak with the president. Things are going well. The press has written a lot and you probably know more than I do. If I were president I’d give me a 10-year deal,” he said, suggesting that he’d like to retire at the club.
“Right now, [retiring at the club] is all I see in my future. It’s what I want most. This is the greatest club in the world and it should have the best players.”
With a Champions League opener against Sporting coming up in midweek, he also had a few words for his former club. “It’s a match that means a lot to me,” he said. “It’s the club that made me, it’s the club that’s in my heart. But I love Real Madrid and I have a duty to the club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night