Luis Enrique on Alavés defeat
Thoughts: "We weren’t precise and we were poorly positioned. We were the victims of playing against a tough five-man defence which we could not get past. We didn’t think that they’d go with the system that they did. To break that you have to make the pitch big, attack the space, move the ball quickly.That’s key and today we didn’t put it together. We were fragile at the back.”
Clinical Alavés: “With three shots they scored two goals. They played a very serious game and this has reminded us how difficult it can be to win."
Conclusion: "Everybody had us as favorites, but now you can see that we’ll have to fight [for every game]. We made a lot of changes and the freshest players played. We were fragile in defence and we’ll need to review that. This will make us recognise how difficult it is to compete for the championship. Tuesday is the Champions League and that's another story.”
Learning curve: "From this shock we will draw good things, but the result is one to forget.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?