Luis Enrique on Alavés defeat
Thoughts: "We weren’t precise and we were poorly positioned. We were the victims of playing against a tough five-man defence which we could not get past. We didn’t think that they’d go with the system that they did. To break that you have to make the pitch big, attack the space, move the ball quickly.That’s key and today we didn’t put it together. We were fragile at the back.”
Clinical Alavés: “With three shots they scored two goals. They played a very serious game and this has reminded us how difficult it can be to win."
Conclusion: "Everybody had us as favorites, but now you can see that we’ll have to fight [for every game]. We made a lot of changes and the freshest players played. We were fragile in defence and we’ll need to review that. This will make us recognise how difficult it is to compete for the championship. Tuesday is the Champions League and that's another story.”
Learning curve: "From this shock we will draw good things, but the result is one to forget.”
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"