Luis Enrique on Alavés defeat
Thoughts: "We weren’t precise and we were poorly positioned. We were the victims of playing against a tough five-man defence which we could not get past. We didn’t think that they’d go with the system that they did. To break that you have to make the pitch big, attack the space, move the ball quickly.That’s key and today we didn’t put it together. We were fragile at the back.”
Clinical Alavés: “With three shots they scored two goals. They played a very serious game and this has reminded us how difficult it can be to win."
Conclusion: "Everybody had us as favorites, but now you can see that we’ll have to fight [for every game]. We made a lot of changes and the freshest players played. We were fragile in defence and we’ll need to review that. This will make us recognise how difficult it is to compete for the championship. Tuesday is the Champions League and that's another story.”
Learning curve: "From this shock we will draw good things, but the result is one to forget.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini