Busquets: “This can happen after the international break”
“We’ve been in this position thousands of times and just dealt with it,” said the stand-in captain after the shock 1-2 loss to Alavés.
Sergio Busquets spoke with the press directly after Barcelona’s surprise 1-2 home loss to Alavés on Saturday night and dismissed suggestions that Luis Enrique’s rotations were a factor in the defeat.
It’s a long season, says Busquets
“The schedule is what it is and it can happen after the international break. But we’ve been in this situation thousands of times and we’ve dealt with it,” he told Canal Plus.
“There’s still a lot of league left to go and we have to push on,” he added. “They didn’t cause us much danger but they were effective. Now we just have to concentrate on Celtic.
Rotations not a factor in shock loss
When asked whether Luis Enrique’s wholesale rotations could be seen as a factor in the loss, Busquets dismissed the suggestion: “The boss decided who would play and that’s it. We all want what’s best for the team and there’s no point in overthinking it.”
Alavés made things complicated
Club captain Andrés Iniesta said that Alavés made things very difficult for the home side. “They defended well and made things very complicated. We must correct the things that didn’t work out but we should congratulate Alavés.”
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?