Torrential weather disrupts Serie A fixtures
Genoa-Fiorentina was abandoned at half-time while Roma-Sampdoria was interrupted amid torrential hailstorms.
Extreme weather conditions forced the Serie A match-up between Genoa and Fiorentina to be abandoned this afternoon.
Conditions at the Luigi Ferraris were so bad that officials decided not to resume play after half-time with the score level at 0-0. The first-half had been badly disrupted by poor visibility and torrential rain.
Roma-Sampdoria interrupted by hailstorm
Elsewhere, Roma’s home fixture with Sampdoria was also interrupted after a spectacular downpour inundated the Stadio Olimpico pitch with water. Large puddles were visible across the field at half-time amid a thick barrage of hailstones.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead through goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Luis Muriel after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring for Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona considering offloading Ivan Rakitic this week
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pablo Marí, Arteta's first signing, joins Arsenal on loan
- Women's Football Bala Devi signs for Rangers
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United: Raiola condemns Woodward incident
- BUNDESLIGA Haaland: 75m-euro buy-out clause in Borussia Dortmund deal
- BARCELONA-LEGANÉS Setién: "It would be interesting if a player arrived"