Torrential weather disrupts Serie A fixtures
Genoa-Fiorentina was abandoned at half-time while Roma-Sampdoria was interrupted amid torrential hailstorms.
Extreme weather conditions forced the Serie A match-up between Genoa and Fiorentina to be abandoned this afternoon.
Conditions at the Luigi Ferraris were so bad that officials decided not to resume play after half-time with the score level at 0-0. The first-half had been badly disrupted by poor visibility and torrential rain.
Roma-Sampdoria interrupted by hailstorm
Elsewhere, Roma’s home fixture with Sampdoria was also interrupted after a spectacular downpour inundated the Stadio Olimpico pitch with water. Large puddles were visible across the field at half-time amid a thick barrage of hailstones.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead through goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Luis Muriel after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring for Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020