Torrential weather disrupts Serie A fixtures
Genoa-Fiorentina was abandoned at half-time while Roma-Sampdoria was interrupted amid torrential hailstorms.
Extreme weather conditions forced the Serie A match-up between Genoa and Fiorentina to be abandoned this afternoon.
Conditions at the Luigi Ferraris were so bad that officials decided not to resume play after half-time with the score level at 0-0. The first-half had been badly disrupted by poor visibility and torrential rain.
Roma-Sampdoria interrupted by hailstorm
Elsewhere, Roma’s home fixture with Sampdoria was also interrupted after a spectacular downpour inundated the Stadio Olimpico pitch with water. Large puddles were visible across the field at half-time amid a thick barrage of hailstones.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead through goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Luis Muriel after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring for Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move