Torrential weather disrupts Serie A fixtures
Genoa-Fiorentina was abandoned at half-time while Roma-Sampdoria was interrupted amid torrential hailstorms.
Extreme weather conditions forced the Serie A match-up between Genoa and Fiorentina to be abandoned this afternoon.
Conditions at the Luigi Ferraris were so bad that officials decided not to resume play after half-time with the score level at 0-0. The first-half had been badly disrupted by poor visibility and torrential rain.
Roma-Sampdoria interrupted by hailstorm
Elsewhere, Roma’s home fixture with Sampdoria was also interrupted after a spectacular downpour inundated the Stadio Olimpico pitch with water. Large puddles were visible across the field at half-time amid a thick barrage of hailstones.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead through goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Luis Muriel after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring for Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures