Luca Antonelli hospitalized with reported head injury
The full-back was rushed to hospital after being stretchered off during AC Milan's match with Udinese with a head brace. The club are yet to publish an official statement.
AC Milan full-back Luca Antonelli was rushed to hospital with a suspected serious head injury this afternoon after being substituted in his side’s 0-1 loss to Udinese at the San Siro.
Antonelli fell awkwardly at a corner
Antonelli was carried off on a stretcher wearing a neck brace after falling awkwardly following what seemed like an accidental collision at a corner. During his lengthy treatment on the pitch, a teammate sat next to him to make sure that he did not swallow his tongue.
AC Milan are yet to publish a statement
Milan are yet to publish an official statement on the incident or Antonelli’s current state but unconfirmed reports say that the Italy international is suffering from either a head or neck injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?