Luis Enrique and the Barcelona squad assess what went wrong
The squad met ahead of their Sunday morning training session to run through their mistakes against Alavés.
Individual and collective mistakes
For the first time this season, it’s not all smiles in the Barcelona dressing room. Luis Enrique and his players met on Sunday morning ahead of their scheduled training session to analyze what went wrong in Saturday’s shock 2-1 loss to Alavés.
According to the reports, the players acknowledged that they played poorly but Luis Enrique was keen to run through both individual and collective mistakes.
No large-scale changes expected for Celtic clash
The coach was criticized for introducing large-scale changes for the match and is expected to name a far more recognizable starting XI for the Champions League opener against Celtic on Tuesday night.
Leo Messi, Luis Suárez, Andrés Iniesta and Jordi Alba were all named on the bench on Saturday night, which forced Luis Enrique to make changes in an attempt to take control of the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"