Luis Enrique and the Barcelona squad assess what went wrong
The squad met ahead of their Sunday morning training session to run through their mistakes against Alavés.
Individual and collective mistakes
For the first time this season, it’s not all smiles in the Barcelona dressing room. Luis Enrique and his players met on Sunday morning ahead of their scheduled training session to analyze what went wrong in Saturday’s shock 2-1 loss to Alavés.
According to the reports, the players acknowledged that they played poorly but Luis Enrique was keen to run through both individual and collective mistakes.
No large-scale changes expected for Celtic clash
The coach was criticized for introducing large-scale changes for the match and is expected to name a far more recognizable starting XI for the Champions League opener against Celtic on Tuesday night.
Leo Messi, Luis Suárez, Andrés Iniesta and Jordi Alba were all named on the bench on Saturday night, which forced Luis Enrique to make changes in an attempt to take control of the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO The "big five" pull off first European clean sweep
- PORTUGAL Villas-Boas: "My Porto side was practically pornographic"
- Premier League Pep Guardiola has get out of Manchester free card
- Champions League Mbappé, Felix, Fati, Vinicius... Generation Z shines in UCL
- Barcelona | Neymar case Neymar's Barcelona relationship fine despite lawsuit, says father
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group