Zidane opens door to exciting youth product, Martín Calderón
Martín Calderón trained with the Real Madrid first team for the first time on Sunday following an impressive start to the season in Guti's under-19 side.
Martín Calderón – one of the stars of Guti’s under-19 (Juvenile A) side – trained with the Real first team on Sunday. The talented 17-year old centre midfielder is one Los Blancos’ most exciting young prospects, demonstrated by the two outstanding strikes he scored against Casarrubuelos on the opening day of the season, and is a name that’s currently on the lips of everyone at the club.
Signed from Sevilla academy
When Real Madrid made an agreement with Martín to take him from Sevilla’s academy in 2013, then president of the Andalusian club, Del Nido, remarked: “As they keep stealing our kids I’ll close the youth team down”. Although that didn’t happen, Sevilla did leave Martín, who was captain of their under-15s at the time, out of their remaining games. Martín was still named as ‘MVP’ in the age category that season, scoring 15 goals.
Since then, matters between Madrid and Sevilla have calmed down thanks to an economic agreement. Martín, who is from Jerez, now lives in the residencies in Valdebedas and is renowned for his physical stature and ability with both feet.
One for the future
Following his promotion to the under 19s this season, the club see the player as future competition for Casemiro and Marcos Llorente, who Zidane would be ready to call back from Alavés in January if cover is needed.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions