Player dies of "massive heart attack" in French Cup tie
Former Burkina Faso international Ben Idrissa Derme suffered a massive heart attack and died during a French third round Cup tie in Corsica
Former Burkina Faso international Ben Idrissa Derme suffered a massive heart attack and died during a French third round Cup tie in Corsica at the weekend.
Unable to be revived
The 34-year-old central defender dropped to the floor just after the second half had kicked off and despite the swift arrival of medical services, they were unable to revive him during several minutes of on-field efforts.
Derme, who played for Corsican club AJ Biguglia in France's sixth division, had had a modest career with lower level clubs and had been capped four times by Burkina Faso.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?