Pro-indepence flags to be handed out outside the Camp Nou
Pro Catalan independence group are to hand out 30,000 pro-independence Estelada flags. Barcelona have been fined repeatedly by Uefa for their display.
30,000 pro-independence flags at Barcelona - Celtic
Pro Catalan independence groups will hand out 30,000 pro-independence 'Estelada' flags before Tuesday night's Champions League game against Celtic, to be played at the Camp Nou in Barcelona (kick off 20:45).
Barcelona fined for previous Estelada displays
The organisers argue they are defending freedom of expression, after Uefa fined Barcelona 30,000 euros because Barça fans waved the Estelada flags at the final of the Champions League in Berlin in 2015.
Uefa argue that the flags are a political statement and have no place inside a football ground.
Barcelona and Uefa in discussions
While Barcelona and Uefa have discussed the issue, with the Catalan club pleading for an end to the punishments, last season Estelada flags were waved by supporters during Champions League matches and Barcelona were once again fined, this time 15,000 euros. That punishment is being appealed by Catalan independence group Drets.
Volunteers to hand out flags outside Camp Nou
The flags will be handed out by volunteers outside the Camp Nou to fans attending the Barcelona - Celtic game.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions